What is it?
The Club Improvement Fundraising Committee was set up in 2016 to raise money which would be ringfenced for future course and club improvement (NOT ongoing maintenance or repairs). We have recently surpassed raising £100k.
The Club Committee were concerned that in these difficult economic times for golf clubs generally it was likely to be course development which was likely to be sacrificed first.
Whilst it has not yet come to "survival of the fittest" the Committee is determined that our golf course will maintain its position as one of the very best in the North East.
It is essential that we make our offering as attractive as possible to both members- existing and prospective -and to visitors.
After considering all of the options the CIFC will run an internal fundraiser event on 18th June, a Mixed Texas Scramble Open from 08.00-14.00.
On Course Improvement Work (funded from CIFC)
* 10th tee ditch and crossing from gent’s medal tee.
* New pathways to be tarred.
* 8th tee walk off area, small extension to the path with a sloped finish to run the water towards the wall and away from the walk off area.
* 16th Tee, path down to fairway. The aim is to direct the path along the line of the ferns rather than it is current location towards the fairway.
* 16th Tee – worn area as you approach the path at the back of the 16th green towards the 17th tee.
* Replacement of the original sand in a range of the top-hole bunkers with improved quality of sand.
A 50/50 Club where members pay £10 per month for an individual number (no limit on how many).
Half the money raised is returned to First, Second and Third place winners each month with bumper draws in June and December.
First prize in these draws is well over £1000 so well worth a punt!.
Details of monthly winners are displayed in the clubhouse and emailed to all members.
New members are very welcome and applications can be had from the office, the bar, the pro shop or by emailing Mandy at email@example.com